I want to see them again already…
California has become the first state to require students on college campuses to receive active consent before all sexual activity.
Gov. Jerry Brown on Sunday signed into law a bill that will impose this new standard for consent at all colleges that receive state funding, including all public universities and many private institutions where students receive state grants.
Consent can be conveyed by a verbal “yes,” or signaled in a nonverbal way, but lack of resistance or objection cannot constitute consent. …
The new law will also offer other protections: universities will be required to offer on-campus victims’ advocates; victims who come forward to report a sexual assault may not be punished for under-age drinking; and all institutions will be required to teach incoming freshmen about sexual assault and consent during orientation.
Full Text on Storify: How US Imperialism Created ISIS
Correction: ISIS was not a subsidiary of Al Qaeda, although there were links between the groups which contributed to its rise before Al Qaeda disavowed ISIS. “ISIS grew out of the former Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), a jihadist militant umbrella group that is believed to have helped create the al-Nusra Front in mid-2011” (x). al-Nusra is al Qaeda’s official arm in Syria.
- CIA funds radical Islamist Afghan mujahideen, a large number of whom eventually come to form the Taliban
- Afghanistan under the Taliban was a base for Al Qaeda, ISIS was linked to the proto-groups which eventually formed al-Nusra, al Qaeda’s wing in Syria, although al Qaeda has since disavowed them for their brutality and sectarianism.
- Hamid Karzai comments on how the US directly contributed to radicalization of Islamist groups in Afghanistan and the region as a whole, “The more radical we looked and talked, the more we were called mujahedin. The consequence of that was a massive effort toward uprooting traditional Afghan values and culture and tolerance.”
- US invasion of Iraq leads directly to many of the catastrophes we are seeing now
- The US invasion of Libya leads to a virtual “terror diaspora” across the region
- Libyan arms in Syria post-US invasion
- US arms & those of “US allies” in the region being funneled into Syria and into the hands of Islamist groups
- "How America Made ISIS: Their Videos and Ours, Their ‘Caliphate’ and Ours"
- More on how ISIS is the product of US imperialism and the “War on Terror”
A short (and incomplete given the scale of US-propagated violence across the globe) account of the myriad ways in which US imperialism directly led to creation of ISIS. US imperialism is never the answer and the US-led coalition now will only destabilize the situation further and lead to even more violence and long term problems in the entire region.
I mean, it still amazes me that this isn’t “duh” to most everyone.
Why isn’t anyone talking about this?
Watch non black cosplayers and lovers of cosplay stay silent on this.
Man what in the FUCK
When I’m dating a man I’m no longer bisexual
Just like when I’m at home, I’m no longer employed
Or when I’m not studying I’m no longer a student.
Mmm object impermanency